Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Happy Holidays

Happy holidays to all of my 7 followers. A few of you out there have asked for my next post and due to several things on my plate I was unable to deliver until today. I have no excuses and my New Year’s resolution is to double my followers and to post at least once a month.
Since I live in the Mid-Atlantic trying to play golf in December is almost a foregone conclusion. For those of you who live in the southwest you are probably the only individuals who are not experiencing ridiculous cold & windy temperatures. Two words I dread to hear as a golfer. I’ll play in a thunderstorm before I’ll play in windy and freezing temperatures.

The one thing about golf and the quickest way to improve your game is practice. If you’re familiar with “The Story of Success” by Gladwell the premise of the book is the 10,000 hour rule. If you practice a specific task for 10,000 hours you will be successful at it. I’m not telling you to go and putt, hit the range, and chip for 10,000 hours (equivalent to 416 & ¾ days) but I am telling you to at least pick up the club and swing. There is no feasible way if you leave your clubs in your room, garage, or the trunk of your car for the winter months can you expect to play as you did before you took your hiatus. Don’t let weeks go by without at least swinging your club. Just remember if you swing indoors-don’t let go.

Since the holidays are just around the corner and I have long said I am not into gimmicks. If you’re looking for an inexpensive way to improve your game alignment sticks are a great tool to have. Before the extremely cold weather came into my region I began to use alignment sticks to improve my accuracy. When I work on my game I usually have specific objectives I want to accomplish. If I just hit balls in the range with no plan, I’m not really accomplishing too much. If I know I am aligned correctly to a specific target, I can eliminate the fact I’m not aligned correctly when I hit a wayward shot. It's one less thing I can eliminate when something goes wayward.  Again the sticks are not expensive and you can use your own clubs to align yourself if you have to. On the other hand I really like my clubs and don’t want to put them in harm’s way.  

Have a good holiday season and a happy New Year


Inception [Blu-ray]

1 comment:

  1. Hey Bro, happy holidays and looking forward to catching up!

    ReplyDelete